I’m a total beauty junkie, and have tried hundreds of different makeup products over the years (not to mention my days at a wellness/beauty magazine gave me the access to try endless amounts of expensive makeup and skincare products). However, I’ve managed to find some favorites and have stayed true to them through several purchases now (you know, when you run out of a product and decide if you want to stick with it or try something else – these have remained through that tough decision). Below are my faves, let me know what yours are!
- Benefit High Brow glow $20 – A shimmery highlighter that I use under the brow bone and at the inside corner of my eye to add dimension and light.
- Benefit They’re Real! mascara $22 – After my miracle mascara (Lancome Fatale) was discontinued, I went on a long hunt for a similar alternative. This one creates extra length and helps give my stick-straight lashes a slight curve.
- Benefit Play Sticks $34 – A stick concealer (creme-to-powder) that works to cover under-eye circles and blemishes. Easy to use and provides good coverage.
- Dior Style Liner $34 – The PERFECT liquid black eyeliner. I can’t say enough about it – I have tried them all and this is by far the best. The thin precision tip draws a smooth line and it will not budge all day.
- Bare Minerals Matte SPF 15 Foundation $28 – I like the new matte version better than the original formula (less sheen). Provides a light coverage for everyday wear.
- Bare Minerals SPF 20 Concealer $18 – I use this as an extra concealer over the Play Sticks – this one finishes and sets the concealer.
- Anastasia Brow Powder Duo $22 – The duo of colors (I have the Medium Brown) allows for a custom color blend when filling in brows.
- Tarte Eyelash curler $15 (price includes mascara) – Curls lashes well and have never had problems with it pulling out lashes like others can tend to do.
- Nars Duo eyeshadow in All About Eve $34 – Great neutral colors – the lighter color on the right is a great all-over eye color, and the more shimmery color on the left side works well on just the lid.
- Benefit Hoola bronzing powder $28 – The best bronzer I have found – absolutely no shimmer in it, which is perfect for a natural bronzed look. Use just a bit for an everyday glow, or layer it on for a faux “vacation tan.”
*I realized I forgot to include another favorite (because it’s always in my purse rather than my makeup bag), but Nars Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight is the prettiest pale pink – perfect for everyday wear and never too sticky.